Most Indians relate to how mothers and grandmas prudently match their blouse material with sari. The ubiquitous sari-blouse greatly influenced the crop tops I designed in my recent gender neutral collection. A good number of feedbacks said: “I want to wear crop top but I’m fat.”
In contrary to popular belief, crop tops aren’t exclusive to flat tummies. For anyone who doesn’t have a flat stomach – yes, you can pull off a crop top. The style rules of wearing crop top changes with body types but don’t let a controlled mind convince you otherwise. Here are some simple style tips to wear crop tops for plus size body types.
Wearing a crop top doesn’t imply that you’ll have to bare your stomach. Wear it with high-waist trousers to define a high waistline and taller profile. Tailor a straight fit structured pair in wool, linen and blends. Flared drape of lighter fabrics like georgette adds more volume, and can be avoided unless intended. A high-waist flared skirt is a perfect alternative when trousers bore you.
Sari is a fascinating size-neutral garment which doesn’t come in S, M, L or XXL. Sari is for every-body. Draping one with quirky crop tops is probably the trendiest way to the garment right now.
Layering a crop top with a dress is an easy hack to balance shoulder to hip ratio of plus size frame. Pair a crop top featuring shoulder details or fullness with knee length dress or kurta when the hip is broader than shoulder. Wear sleeveless crop tops with long a-line dress to balance broad shoulder with smaller hips.
This story was featured among the top 20 blogs of the week by Independent Fashion Bloggers community.
Links à la Mode, October 27th, 2017
- Britt + WhitTrend for Fall: Plaid Prints
- For Urban Women: Exploring New Design Trends at Manila Fame
- Gabriella Lundgren: Wedding Times and the Struggle of What to Wear
- Girl in Betsey: How to Combat Oily & Shiny Skin
- Green Acres Meets Paris: What to Wear: Denim and Plaid
- Gutter Fashion: When Inspiration Turns into Imitation
- Fashion to Live: Tailgate Party + Brunch: Strapless Midi with Sash + Block Heels
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: An All Day Sightseeing Outfit
- Jeff on the Road: Lookbook: Autumn Pop Of Colour
- L Knits: All About Blocking
- Luna Vida Blog: Wine-ing Down | Open Back Dress + Over-The-Knee Boots
- Oh to Be a Muse: Direct Messages
- Purushu: Ask Purushu: i want to wear crop tops but i’m fat
- Sifa’s Corner: How I Overcame Blogger Burnout After Midwest Meetup
- Tales of Two Blog: The Importance of Building Grit and Grace
- The Borrowed Babes: Just Living my Best Graphic Tee Life
- The Plus Size DivaFall Foliage In Ohio: Mini Road Trip With The Hubby
- Writing Between Pauses: 3 Outfits Perfect for the Pumpkin Patch