Award winning fashion blog. India's first gender neutral fashion label.

Human Figure Sketches for NIFT Creative Ability Test

Getting your human figures right is key to score well in the NIFT Creative Ability Test. I am sharing some of my practice sketches.

Useful tips for human illustrations.
  • Always see to it that the lines are bold and confident.
  • Proportions are the most important aspect of a human figure.
  • Keep your basics right like the light and dark, perspective etc.
  • Do concentrate on the costume of the human figure.
  • Concentrate on the drapes, colour, design etc. of the costume.
Male figure

Female figure
    February 3, 2013

im gonna appear for nift entrance 2011.. can anyone tell me the exact date of the tests?? i will not be in india for a while so i do not know how else to find out immediately… please let me know asap..

February 3, 2013

hey am gonna appear for nift entrance 2011…am really scared!!!

can u pls guide me through d drawing part??as in wat kind of sketches i hav to practice….

• February 3, 2013

im gonna apply for nift 2011.
    im really scared.. wat shud i do?
    i ve started with some sketching and maths.
    beginning to look through sum other stuff lyk logic n creative..
    but my only problem is dt m nt able to be spontaneous wid ideas.. pl advice.

i cant join n e coachin….hw 2 prepare

• February 3, 2013

@tanvi.. don't worry 🙂
    practice sketching. It need not be beautiful. It just needs to be perfect as I told (the proportions, line drawing and stuff)
    join some coaching classes if you think your are not yet prepared for CAT 🙂

• February 3, 2013

Oh God!! I am nowhere near to these sketches..I dont have that good drawing..What do i do??

February 3, 2013

hello this will be my first sem at nift,delhi.
    I am a girl and wanted to wether a PG or a hoslte will be better and safe for accomodation.
    Plzzz guide me…
    thanking you in advance

• February 3, 2013

hey can any 1 help me….
    i have juz passed my 11th n wil be appearing for nift after my 12th so can u just tell me wat all preparations shud i do….coz i dnt knw anything abt d coures n all..plzzz contact me
    jasmeetnanday@yahoo.com

• February 3, 2013

^^
    try practising from basics.
    1. line drawing
    2. perspective
    3. proportion
    4. light n shade
    😉

hey iam worried……

• divya
    February 3, 2013

I dont have good sketching and seeing your sketches i feel i am far far away from it in all respects.can n please suggest me how should i go about farther for CAT.

………….hey
    i m going to appear for the nift examination nd i have choosen the programme of BDes. bt i have no any creavite ability.plz advc me.

• February 3, 2013

^^of course!!!
    they help you big time!
    BIG TIME!

February 3, 2013

hey purushu!!! juz 1 thin??? will previous papers help fo d upcumin exam??

• February 3, 2013

….hey..
    m giving my nift entrance dis feb….n m damn scared….my sketching part r gr8..they r jus ossom bloosm…..by wat i do with maths n g.k….uff..its gonna be really tough..:(

hi
    im giving nift on 20th of this month….. im pretty confident with the MAT exam but CAT seems to b a dicey area with me.. i have sketched human figures before a dozen times but only when i have a ready made figure infront of me.. my proportions go topsy turvy if i have to solely make a sketch.. any tips u can gve me???? reply asap as i dnt have much time

February 3, 2013

hi…..i have been selected last year but failed in situation………..now i worry a lot…coz i dnt belong to dis back ground ….but i want to be in…..i knw my cat part is quite weak…but gat part is too strng sooo can i look overlook on cat…….no idea of cat….plz help me….thx mikky
    can u tell me sm questions for cat

February 3, 2013

hey m gonna appear for nift nxt year..cud u help me out wid da typ of ques dey cud b askin in creative ability section??thnxx

• February 3, 2013

^^^
    lol. there are 1000s of other CBSE students giving NIFT entrance 😉 it's same with everyone 😉

just give your best shot!

• Khushaly
    February 3, 2013

hey…. i don't live in india…. n i have applied for NIFT 2011… i am really worried as i am appearing for my 12th CBSE boards in March and i don't know how to prepare for the NIFT entrance in FEB…… pls tell me what i can do….. thanx 🙂

February 3, 2013

purushu!it would be really nice if u adviced about what exactly should we be sketching?does it have 2 be fashion related or can b anythng we like..and if it is anythng we like cud u give a few e.g off d top of ur head 2 give us an idea! thanks in advance 🙂 oh and for the G.K stuff..do u know of any book as such other than the newspapers??!

• February 3, 2013

well. they haven't told the exact dates yet! The dates and application form must be out by november 😉

• November 30, 2013

Plz give me some tips about nift exam….

• February 7, 2014

hola!…i have applied for NIFT 2014.. i am scared..my exam for the NIFT entrance z on 9th FEB… plz tell me what i can do…im gud wid colors but weak with sketching…..SCARED

• preksha sood
    February 5, 2017

hey .. i need to knw how can we get spontaneous ideas during the exam ..please if uh can help 🙂

• kiruthika
    December 17, 2017

what are the things we should cover in drawing to pass cat test …………………………..