Style Guide – 7 Summer Holidays Outfit Ideas
Before you jet set on your vacation, here are a few essential style tips to help you pack better
This is the season to get those itineraries and passports ready. After all, it’s that time of the year when we plan and set off on the much-awaited summer vacations. Whether you’re headed to a beach holiday with friends or an exotic overseas destination, deciding what to wear for this holiday season is something that has to be done. Here are a few holiday outfit ideas so you can shine your brightest even while holidaying.
On the move
Comfort is the key when you’re travelling. A simple, nautical stripe T-shirt, fitted denims and a lightweight scarf are more than enough to answer your sartorial needs when you’re out and about sightseeing, bargaining around the local market or just wandering around exploring a city. Also, do not forget to pick up a straw fedora, killer flats and a cool backpack to stock your holiday finds.
Opt for fringed bikinis or Aztec print playsuits while you’re up for some surfing lessons this summer. Fans of the Bohemian style can play it different with a Boho top and distressed denim shorts instead of the regular printed kaftans. Carry a pair of stand-out sunglasses, sunscreen and headphones in your funky beach tote. After all, what’s better than spending a hot summer day lounging on the beach?
Pool party peeps
The smartest thing for a pool party would be to pack a stylish swimsuit that takes you from the pool to, well, ideally anywhere else! Team the swimsuit with a skirt, throw on a breezy shrug and step into a pair of sandals. Try incorporating pretty floral prints in either the swimsuit or the skirt to keep the look light and summery. Stock some wet wipes to clean your sun-kissed skin after the splash and you are ready for whatever’s next on the schedule.
The best thing when it comes to music festivals is the unlimited energy. Cash in and dare to mix and match prints at the outdoor music festivals. Polka dot tops, floral print or striped skirts are recommended. Strike a balance in prints and wear it with a statement necklace, metallic bracelet, fringed bag and black ankle-length boots for a rock chic look.
In the club
Hot summer nights are exactly what bright and vivid neon dresses are for. Opt for pop hues with statement jewellery, a cute crossbody bag, wavy and sun-kissed locks. Complete the look with shimmery eye shadow, nude glossy lips and comfortable dance-all-night shoes.
If you have shopped for a feminine and flowy coral dress for the recently-concluded Valentine’s Day, don’t hesitate to repeat it for a summer cocktail party. Sport a breezy chiffon dress with a pair of pumps, carry a structured or envelope clutch and add a statement necklace for a sophisticated touch.Throw on a jacquard jacket for a trendy finish. The idea is to take a break from the traditional LBD and opt for a fun and girly ensemble instead. And for your face, put on some shimmery blush and berry lip gloss.
Formal holiday party
The mantra for any formal party is to look classy and sleek, no matter what the occasion is. Dress in rich hues of plum or oxblood in perfect length when your boss and clients are around. A minimal manicure, elegant watch and classic neckpiece should complete your formal evening look.
A version of this article was published in The Hindu Metroplus on 28th March 2015.
Also, one of my blog article titled “10 Shades of Grey” was featured in IFB Links a la Mode. Read all the top 20 blogposts of the week below:
Links à la Mode: March 26
- Adorned in Armor: Capital Fashion
- Al-Balsam Life: Beauty Tips That Make You Look Younger
- A Handful of Stories: Outfit of the Day: Layered Skirts
- Attire Club: 35 Essential Dressing Tips for Men
- Cat Eyes and Skinny Jeans: Beauty Board: Brilliantly Basic
- Couture Crush: Korean Berrisom ‘My Lip Tint Pack’ Review
- Fashion Moriarty: What to Wear to Meet Anna Wintour
- Funky Jungle: 5 Tips for Surviving a Shopping Break
- Hey Mishka: DIY Jeweled Spring Hat
- Kremb de la Kremb: The Bag With the Worst Wrap
- Les Assorties: C.J. Bakhos X Piece & Co.
- Moda Addicted: 10 Closet Essentials You Should Splurge On
- My Fashion Slash Life: Glamorous Nigerian Aso-Ebi Wedding Style
- Purushu Arie: Shades of Grey
- Sheela Writes: Sheet Masks Are Taking Over
- Storybook Apothecary: How to Spring Clean Your Life
- The Daily Luxe: 8 Fashion Week Accessories Trends You Can Wear Now
- TLV Birdie: Green Beauty Online: Seed to Serum
- We Are Ready Made: Teenage Riot
- Yukova’s Fashion Blog: Spring/Summer 2015 Trends Guide