logo
Most read men's fashion blog in India. Rated among best fashion bloggers in India. Fashion Designer, Illustrator, stylist and columnist.
banner
About      Contact       Collaborations     Press

Insominac NIFTians

Its 12:33AM. Now that I don’t have any submissions in the near future, I somehow managed to remember the fact that I write a blog! Mid-Sem exams have just concluded. I have just recovered from two hectic weeks of endless submissions and assignments. All I did in last two weeks was sketching with different mediums in less than 3 hours and submitting the unfinished work, cutting out 3-d paper relief designs for EOD (hate it the most!), spending money on useless documents 🙁 working on the fabric swatches all the night while I am half asleep, designing a poster in Photoshop in barely few minutes, cutting out geometry shapes and patiently completing the sheets! Oh! Our only theory exam, Principles of Management, brushing up the management topics just 2 hours before the exam! Once we wake up in the morning, we keep thinking of these assignments 24*7! They make our world. What’s worse is that it’s all actually more hectic than the way it sounds!

Sleeping in machine lab! This what happens, when you don’t have proper sleep in night 🙁

IWhen you are a NIFTian, you’ve got no time to RELAX! All we know is, assignments, work, submissions, RE-DOs! Oops! I just remember, I’ve got to complete my moodboard by Tuesday!

Gotta start workin on it! Bye! Good night folks!

Forgive me for the grammatical errors or the poorly constructed sentences – Went on a quick whining spree!

March 5, 2011

hai…iam a NIFT aspirant.i'm preparing for the entrance exams and i'm so tensed about it.i didnt take any coaching,just preparing by my self.is GAT or the situation test that helps more to get a rank…and also,is there negative marking?plssss.do reply as fast as you can………

March 5, 2011

when do the classes at nift delhi start?

• March 5, 2011

lol.
    you will be busy with your assignments. and Assignments are FUN 🙂

March 5, 2011

purushu so u mean along wit d hardwork lyf is goin 2 b funn na???? i mean v gonna b able 2 njoy our so called college lyf??? or gonna b into d assignments 24*7 n makin lyf a hell????

• March 5, 2011

hey i jus wanted 2 knw 4m u whthr d lyf out der is really tough or wat??? i mean aft readin ur blog m really confused… i got into nift textile dis year… i thot lyf wud b fun afta gettin into nift!!! its lyk dream cum true!! ///

Well. Who told it won't be fun when life is tough? 😛 It is fun. Real fun. But we are made to work….toil….sweat

• March 5, 2011

@udheerna
    Well. I did not take any coaching for GAT or CAT. Bt, yea. I did go for the situation test.

and, I would suggest you design inventory in new delhi for coaching 😉
    i've given the linkk in my sidebar too 😉

March 5, 2011

• March 5, 2011

did u tak any kind of NIFT entrance xam coaching?.. plz tell me d bst coaching centres(entrance xam UG)u hav come across..

• March 5, 2011

^^well. U need to have a minimum of 75% attendance to avoid year back!!!
    dnt wrry about marks =P

• March 5, 2011

halloo buddy!!
    i am a 12th student interested in designing n stuff!!.. as u hav written dat a NIFTian spends sleepless nights n has so called `hectic weeks'… then how can i prepare my self prior to the bachelors in NIFT.. and also tell me, how much or wat kind of knowledge should a fresher hav to avoid year back?

March 5, 2011

Hey i had got an admission in NIFT bangalore Bftech course…i jus want to kno dat Hws life at NIFT n studies..is is dat hard or sumthin ??

• March 5, 2011

salary?
    depends on U!
    few may go jobless…while others may end up earnin upto 4lac p.a
    while anothr might start freelancing and earning more than every other.

it all depends on YOU!

• March 5, 2011

hi…

i wud lyk to ask u …

what is the salary lyk after passing out from nift?

• March 5, 2011

dude! no second thoughts! ur frm delhi.. do it in delhi!
    y to trouble urself nd ur parents goin away frm home.. only to opt out of NIFT Delhi?? NIFT delhi is a brand in itself 🙂

March 5, 2011

hey…sup dis is saman from delhi and i've cleared the nift exam and got 27 rank ,i'm confused bout choosing d right centre for fashion designing…pls help……thnks…bye.:)

March 5, 2011

please do reply fast i've got only 9 days remaining

March 5, 2011

plz plz plz plz plz plz help i seriously want admission in nift n i'm totally blank ki mai prac. kaise karun?
    please i really really need ur help

• March 5, 2011

you know how to prepare for m.ftech situation test (GDPI)