logo
Most read men's fashion blog in India. Rated among best fashion bloggers in India. Fashion Designer, Illustrator, stylist and columnist.
banner
About      Contact       Collaborations     Press

NIFT CENTRES & RANKINGS/REVIEWS

ALWAYS PREFER COURSE THAN THE CENTRE IN WHICH YOU ARE INTERESTED!!!”
In the end, it’s the course that matters. It’s about what interests you. NOT THE CENTRE. I’ve seen people interested in communication design choosing KD in New Delhi when they could have pursue the same in Mumbai/Bangalore.

According to a Survey by Outlook Magazine in 2007, Top 10 Fashion Institutes in India are:

1. NIFT New Delhi

2. NID Ahmedabad
3. NIFT Chennai
4. NIFT Hyderabad
5. NIFT Kolkata
6. NIFT Bangalore
7. NIFT Mumbai
8. Pearl Academy, New Delhi
9. NIFT Gandhinagar

10. NIIFT Mohali

According to a Survey by India Today Magazine in 2014, Top 10 Fashion Institutes in India are:
  1. NIFT, Delhi
  2. Pearl Academy, Delhi
  3. NIFT Mumbai
  4. NIFT Bangalore
  5. NIFT Hyderabad
  6. Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune
  7. NIFT Chennai
  8. NIFT Kolkata
  9. NIIFT Mohali
  10. Pearl Academy, Jaipur

The 2014 list kinda baffles me to know that there’s no NID there and also ranking of some private college is questionable.

February 3, 2013

hii,…….wat if someone studies in one of those new centres does it affect da future and placements….wat r da pros and cons…

• February 3, 2013

@rebecca. well. Anyday I'd rate Bangalore and Hyderabad equally. Since your home town is Hyd, you can very well study there. Or what ever is more comfortable for you.

Hi Purushu

Am Rebbeca Here.. saw your blog spot it give me a lot of information and ha i had a Question too
    1) My home town is in Hyderabad and I did a fine arts course in bangalore and now am planing to do my FCT(fashion and clothing technology) for one year.. and am confused whether to join Bangalore center or hydreabad Please do reply soon cause today is the last day to get the form

• February 3, 2013

Well.
    FD – Garments line.
    KD and LD would be apparent option 😉

SWATI:
    hey hi…
    i wantd ask dat shud i go for CE (nift)…for 1yr or 6 month prog??i dont want to drop..
    N wht course u prefer if i wantd to go in FD??
    i will give xam next yr..of B.des..
    plz suggest!!

February 3, 2013

swati:thanx for rplyin !!i was waiting from da evening..!!
    i dont want to drop…let c if i gt any oder branch… !!

hello purushu
    im swati ..i got 8 rank in (ST) nift 2010 and i got selected in AIEEE too but not interetd in it…i was very happy but unfortunetly i got back in physics in 12th (i had viral n was admittid in hospital)but in other subject i got marks in 80s..i had fine arts as a 5th sub n gud in dat !!
    im not allowed in the councelling n lost ma seat…i will only get addmission if der is any vacant seat..!!im depressed..alot ..as i wanted delhi..

i want to ask should i opt knit wear…which centre Hyderabad or Chennai ???
    And if i do well in semester will i get delhi in fashion design…or any oder i dont know about the fields much…?
    plz plz plz help me…i will b thankful to u!!

• MISHTY
    February 3, 2013

hey..can u tell me some info regarding nift admissions under nri quota….coz im nt an nri n nt even related to any nri….is thr a chance 4 me…my rankws 773…bt i didnt join nift as i wasnt getting ny of my desired centres n course

February 3, 2013

hey im appearing 4 nift 2011..
    wat shud be my percentile score to qualify 4 the 2nd round?
    and is d gat part difficult?

February 3, 2013

hey im appearing 4 nift 2011..
    wat shud be my percentile score to qualify 4 the 2nd round?
    and is d gat part difficult?

February 3, 2013

Hey! Rankd 448 in Gen. Ny chncs of gtin FD in Delhi wid NRI spon?????

hey
    i want fashion design or communication in mumbai..my rank is 261…is it possible?
    please let me noe

February 3, 2013

hi , my rank is 792 ,Ive been waitlisted in the general category .Inspite of having an obc certificate I applied under general category . Can I use my obc certificate now during the counseling ? please reply .. thanku

• Lavanya
    February 3, 2013

Um.. My rank is 571 in general category.
    Do you have any idea about the courses and the centres I can get?

• harleen

i hope you reply 🙂

• Harleen
    February 3, 2013

hi..i've got a rank of 360 in the entrance exam..will i be able to get accessory design or fashion communication in any of the top 5-6 centres?

February 3, 2013

hi my rank is 24th in the obc category for B f. tech course…can i get nift delhi??if not which other centre should i opt for?how's nift hyderabad 4 the same course…..plzzz reply!m confused n i have my councelling on 4th june

February 3, 2013

hey guys my rank is 400……n i want to pursue fashion communication……can i expect it?? plz tell me?
    n if i dont get it what else i can look forward to?

February 3, 2013

hey my rank is 275th (obc) vich centres cn i expect 2 gt…n wt wl b d best…..pls..pls..pls….reply….

hiii…
    my rank in nift 2010 is 159..and 158 students were selected from the general list for b.ftech….so u see im the first one in the waitlist…..which centres can i expect?
    can i even hope for getting delhi centre for apparel production??

• February 3, 2013

Hi Purushu.. I wish to opt for core design in nift.. please suggest what should I do to get it.. and which place is better… Please please.

• February 3, 2013

I am from Durgapur which is near Kolkata, i have ranked 70 in BF Tech (Apparel Production), so will i study in Kolkata or is it going to spoil my career in any way?

• February 3, 2013

This comment has been removed by the author.

• February 3, 2013

This comment has been removed by the author.

• February 3, 2013

WLCI College – WLCI Fashion School is one of the largest Fashion design college in India with campuses in 16 cities. The WLCI Fashion School is a best design fashion institute in the country.
    Fashion Designing

• February 3, 2013

To Know more infornation about fashion Designing visit:

• February 3, 2013

hello purushu
    Im going to appear for nift b.des for the first time and i started to take training for past one month.i just came through your blog only today. can you please suggest some tips to crack the nift exam in my first attempt itself. please suggest how to manage time and things related to it. PLease sir, HELP ME OUT

• aashima

hi purushu
    I m going 2 appear for nift b.des 2nd time.
    last year was shortlisted for situation test.
    i m not bad in painting instead i won many paintin
    compitions at state and distt level.I was a non -med student so i don't think it would b maths or eng problem.i've dropped this year for nift only & i m so scared this time.i'll shatter if i won't get in delhi.you're the last hope i wanna b like u. plzzzzzzzzz help me.

• February 3, 2013

As far as i know.. there is a friend of mine who got 303 rank and she's studying Fc in blore. I hope this gives you an idea. Again. this is 3yrs back. can't tell you how it'll be this year.

and.. yes. since you wanna get into FC, illustrations are necessary. FC students need to be more good at graphics and illustrations than students of othr departments.

February 3, 2013

Hey Purushu..this is arpita frm B'lore.I am appearing for the NIFT exm this yr i.e 2011,n am not too good at sketching,is sketching really tat imp 2 get through the entrance test??And
    Can u please tell me what is the ranking needed to get into Fashion communication in NIFT b'lore??

• June 17, 2014

Hi!
    I would like to make my career in fashion designing and garment construction. I only have one year to do the course/ study. so cannot adopt any long term course.
    How is the FCT course (one year) at nift Mumbai? Will it provides enough practical knowledge about fashion designing and garment construction? Look forward to your reply.
    Thanks.
    Suvarna

• Saloni
    May 27, 2016

Hi! I got common merit rank 712 and category merit rank 587. Can I get fashion designing or textile designing in any centre ?Please reply !!

• akansha
    May 30, 2016

Hey there!
    Which center would be the best for AD..
    Please respond!

• Medha chauhan
    May 30, 2016

i hv got 687 rank in nift
    which college will i get for accesory designing

• Harshil
    June 15, 2016

I am from chennai and I want to do master of fAshion designing and chuld u tell me which centre is the best and when to apply for it and how to apply for it thank u

• Vinoy Purushottam
    July 20, 2016

If I have to choose between B, Design course in Nift Kolkota and Nift,mumbai.What is the better choice & justification. for the same…Thanks

• Tanuja Dasgupta
    August 2, 2016

HI!
    Is fd in NIFT similar to textile design in NID? Should one opt for NIDs textile design course for pure fashion design study? kindly advise.