logo

Gender neutral fashion designer rated among top Indian fashion bloggers.

© 2017 | Purushu Arie

Finding accommodation, NIFT Delhi and NIFT Chennai centres

Finding Accommodation

For all the students who have come away from their homes, finding an accommodation would be one of the biggest headaches. Especially for the north Indian students who go down the south, and for south Indian students who go to north. Interact with the other fellow students whom you meet during the counselling. Form a group and look for the accommodation together. It’s better if you could find the room yourself, or you need to approach brokers who charge a month’s rent as the brokerage. If you weren’t successful in finding one, try putting up a notice in the college notice board for rooms or roommates.

I can help out the students opting for Chennai and Delhi centres, as I belong to NIFT Delhi and Chennai is my hometown. I have accurate knowledge about the locality, in and around these campuses.

NIFT Chennai
NIFT Chennai is located in IT Expressway, Tharamani. As soon as you cross the Tidel Park, you can witness this building with a splendid architecture. NIFT Chennai has a girl’s hostel inside the campus itself. The hostel assures safety and comfort to the female students as it is inside the NIFT Chennai campus. Most of the NIFTians in Chennai stay in Thiruvanmiyur (spelt as ti-ru-vaanm-yooor), Adayar and Kanagam. From the Chennai Central or the Chennai Airport, you can take a taxi or an auto to reach the campus. Rooms in Chennai are not as expensive as those in Delhi and the locality is much cleaner and safer than what we have in Delhi.

NIFT Delhi
NIFT Delhi is situated in Hauz Khas, opposite to Gulmohar Park. Most of the NIFT Delhi students live in Gautam Nagar, Hauz Khas Apartments, Malviya Nagar, Shahpur Jat, Arjun Nagar etc. Girls are also given the choice to stay at the hostel in Gautam Nagar. I strongly recommend the girls to not stay in the hostel, as NIFT does not have a hostel of its own. My batch mates have always complained about the hostel. Ventilation is a major problem in the rooms that they provide. Apart from that, the hostel rooms are not spacious enough.

Hauz Khas Apartments is right next to the NIFT campus building & superbly comfortable given the proximity (if you’re okay with rooms not very big). You can also go hunting for rooms in gulmohar enclave, gautam nagar, etc. One can get accommodation for less capital in Yusuf Sarai and Shahpur Jat. But Yusuf Sarai and Shahpur Jat are damn congested and dirty af.

In case you’re looking for any room or roommates, you can very well write down in the comments.

February 3, 2013

Hiya I am looking forward to pusue my carrier in NIFT…Your blogs were of great help. Could please help me to know the accurate expenditure required for acedamics in NIFT??? I look forward for your answer…
    Radhika

February 3, 2013

i hav got into nift chennai…i want to tk accomodation in da girls hostel inside da campus…but i heard there r limited rooms n its on da 1st come 1st basis n i m goin on da day b4 registration…i cudnt prepone da tickets coz da cost is too much…do u think i wl still get accomodation der?

@Richa-
    This is the link of my facebook profile….contact me there…

February 3, 2013

hi,this is richa , got TD delhi , looking for a pg , sir please can u help me out for that … i need one roommate also , since i had no idea abt delhi , its vry difficult to search the room , so plz if u suggest me any pg room, its gonna b a great help to me , sir plz help me

Nt TD.. I mnt FD!!

February 3, 2013

Hey! I tuk KD wid NRI in Delhi as TD ws ovr.. Ws dat a wise decisn???

February 3, 2013

hiiiiiiiii, i am right now in my 12th and i will write my NIFT entrance in 2011 i wanted to know will our centre and branch be chosen based upon our rank???????plz help me out………i stay in bangalore but i want to do B.des in fashion designing from NIFT mumbai…………….

Hi,
    1. with 413 rank what are the chances of getting FD
    2. what centres can one expect?
    Thanks

February 3, 2013

my AIR rank is 69, general. i wanna take up fd. can i get a seat in delhi/bangalore/mumbai?//

of course!!
    100%

hey, thanks

• February 3, 2013

oh. in terms of exposure. it does matters!

February 3, 2013

hey man i just got admission in NIFT jodhpur…so does it really matter which center you take??
    are the placements equivalent everywhere?

February 3, 2013

Hi Purushu, Thanks for the useful information given..my rank is 56 in general category and i want to study FD. So do i have chances to get Delhi or what are my chances?

• February 3, 2013

i wanna take up fd,nd i am air 166,where am i likely to get a seat????///

keep atlest 3 choices open…
    tough to get in delhi/mumbai… bt very well stand a chance anywer in bangalore, chennai nd hyderabad!

February 3, 2013

Hi, can u pl tell me whether it is possible to change course of study after the first year in NIFT ?

February 3, 2013

i wanna take up fd,nd i am air 166,where am i likely to get a seat????

February 3, 2013

hey…just wanted to know if i stand a chance in nift, delhi…for fashion communication… my rank is 219 in b.des…thanks 🙂

ok……………………
    thanks again.

hi

i hav got thru nift. rank 10. and i intend to study in delhi. any suggestion for what's the best accomodation available for boys – both in terms of money, sanitation, agreeable space to live in??????

February 3, 2013

hey i have qualified for bftech(appareal production) in nift..but i am really very confused about the course….do you think it is a good course???what`s the scope of this course??

• February 3, 2013

@annu.

living expenses including food, housing etc. .may go around 6-7K per month 🙂

• annu
    February 3, 2013

what is the approx. expenditure for hostel or PG in delhi(per month)?? My rank is 33 in b.f.tech,i hope i'll get delhi center.

February 3, 2013

I am generating enough inclination towards Fashion Communication . Can any one help me to understand the scope of this branch ?

February 3, 2013

should i choose Hyderabad..or Bangalore…….

February 3, 2013

hiiiiiii my rank is 67(general) in nift b.des 2010..which branch should i take??n which center??????should i choose i new center??b-coz i'm real worried abt hostels….help plz

• February 3, 2013

Kokila. A ///

congrats on d 1st hand 🙂
    one of ma best frnd.. even she's from kerala herself 🙂
    she stays in prajapat nagar hostel near gautam nagar. which i think would be the BEST for you.. atleast till the 1st year 🙂
    ping me in facebook or orkut. i can give her contact to you. she can help you out more in this case 😉

Hello,
    can i know the correct expenditure for good accommodations near delhi nift.. as soon as possible.. please… i really want to study there…. i got my result and i am positive i'l get in delhi nift itself.. but i dont think i can study there unless i,ve got a proper accommodation with full safety.. as i am from south india (KERALA).
    Kokila. A

• February 3, 2013

Hi,i'm Mahbub khan.I'v got scholarship to NIFT New Delhi.As I'm from Bangladesh nd going 2 start my course from January, so it's quite difficult 4 me 2 find out an accommodation within this short time….plz help if u can!!!!!!!! my email is "antokhan47@yahoo.com"

• February 3, 2013

^^its pretty difficult. almost impossible.

hi purushu,
    i want to noe that if i scored well in sem 2, can i change my center in second year..
    m not comfortable with the center i m in..
    plzz need ur help regarding this..

ANANYA this side..!!!

February 3, 2013

hey can you tell me smthing about apparel nd what we are going to study in this ??????????

• February 3, 2013

^
    well. there are international students(mostly NRIs)

You can very well apply for B.Des in Delhi 😉
    since, the delhi culture is not very different from what it's in your place 🙂

Hey,

Are there many international students at NIFT? I am from Pakistan and I was wondering if there are any students from my country who go to NIFT? I am interested in applying for a Bachelors in Fashion Design, preferably in Delhi.

Thanks.

• June 28, 2014

hi..
    i wanna know abt the accomodation near nift new delhi campus ..
    soo plzz help me out…as i m vry mch confused..my email is " bhavneet_kaur@ymail.com" ll be waiting for ur rply

• saima